Saturday, August 15, 2009

Parody...

In the first class we worked with parody...

It is a work or performance that imitates another work/ performance using irony with the objective to be critical.

In class we work with parodies of songs (My way, Another brick in the wall and others). And this type of activity is very interesting for a collaborative work between students and teacher.

When I was in high school, I studied about parody, but we didn’t work with music, just literature! And it is really important to work with students using different types of texts.

Working with parody in an English class is completely new to me. And I realized that many activities can be performed in the classroom, developing the four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.

With this method of study, the class will not be restricted in grammar or reading, by contrast, teachers and students can discuss the context of texts, social problems and more.

I really liked the class!

In the next class, we will produce a parody by the music ‘Another brick in the wall’ (Pink Floyd)…

No comments:

Post a Comment